Life is good. Great even. And while you may have given some thought to the future, it might be hard to imagine life getting any better. So how would choosing independent living in Issaquah WA, elevate your current lifestyle? Choice.
To learn more about our independent living lifestyle, fill out our form.
“It’s a very active, young community. That’s one of the things that make it so attractive. It’s vibrant.”
Just imagine what you could choose to do while we’re handling all the cooking, cleaning, window washing, painting, lawn care and more. You could choose to take an art or fitness class, go for a swim, listen to a guest speaker, attend an educational lecture, or enjoy dinner and drinks with friends, all right outside your apartment door. Plus the entertainment, dining and cultural options of Seattle are just minutes away. If you enjoy traveling, Sea-Tac airport is less than 25 miles away, and we can even help arrange door-to-door transportation. No matter where your travels take you, you’ll have the peace of mind of knowing we’re looking after your independent living home while you’re away.
Help navigating your health care.
As a resident of Timber Ridge, you’ll have access to our on-site health and wellness navigator who can:
- Coordinate with home health agencies to provide Medicare-covered home health services*
- Organize preplanned hospitalizations/surgeries and post-discharge services, whether in your apartment home or in our on-site Briarwood Health Center
- Provide education regarding advance directives (durable power of attorney, living will, etc.)
- Facilitate educational health and wellness seminars presented by local professionals
- Provide options for in-home private care providers*
- Arrange appointments with outside visiting providers, including audiology, podiatry and dental services*
- Assist with obtaining physician-ordered physical, occupational and speech therapy services*
- Help with obtaining physician-ordered lab work and X-ray services*
- Schedule staff and resident-led support groups for various conditions and needs
- Provide follow-up and ensure continuity of care after use of emergency pull chords. Our Emergency pull cords are located throughout apartment homes and common areas, with 24-hour staff response
- Access to the health and wellness navigator and their coordination of services is included in the monthly fee. Actual services rendered (e.g., labwork, therapy services, etc.) may involve a separate fee, often billed through Medicare and/or private insurance.
Assistance in living program
In addition to the services list above, our assistance in living program is available for independent living residents who need routine minor nursing services (i.e., wound care, INR checks, etc.) or daytime memory care services. (These services are subject to additional fees.)
By choosing Timber Ridge, you’ll have guaranteed access to our 5-Star on-site health center, Briarwood. Plus our LifeCare® contract means all your care is provided at a predictable monthly rate.
Independent living frequently asked questions
Independent living communities are designed for older adults who want the conveniences of community life without the burdens of home maintenance. Some communities, like Timber Ridge, offer an engaging lifestyle with recreational, social and educational opportunities, while others provide housing and only a minimal number of services and amenities.
Timber Ridge offers a comprehensive array of services and amenities, including restaurant-style dining, state-of-the-art fitness center, indoor heated pool, a library and more. Plus our complimentary transportation will take you shopping and to medical appointments.
We invite you to participate in our community resident committees — special groups focused on different aspects of community life. You’re able to actively participate in decisions that decide dining options, programming, activities, outings and more.
To choose the best independent retirement community for you, think about what you value. What is the ideal location for your preferred lifestyle? Make sure you understand the levels of care and the amenities available to you. Don’t be afraid to be picky! For tips and tricks on asking questions, learn how to pick a retirement community on our blog.