Independent Living at a Life Plan Community vs. Staying at Home
Older adults often find their world gets smaller as they age, with fewer friends close by, more limited driving (especially at night), and fewer opportunities to spend time out of the house. Although many seniors equate living at home with freedom and independence, as time goes on, the experience of staying at home can be increasingly limiting and socially isolating. When they see the amazing benefits of independent living in a community setting, the decision to move becomes much easier.
What Is Independent Living?
Independent living communities are designed for older adults who are active and self-sufficient in all aspects of daily living. They don’t need help with their day-to-day routines, but they do appreciate the benefits of a maintenance-free lifestyle where they don’t have to worry about housekeeping, cooking, home repairs and other chores.
Some communities offer independent living only, while others offer independent living plus additional levels of care, such as assisted living, memory care or skilled nursing care, on one campus. The concept of continuing care is what sets Life Plan Communities apart from other types of senior living. A Life Plan Community, also called a continuing care retirement community (CCRC), provides convenient access to resort-style amenities and a continuum of care all under one roof.
What Is LifeCare®?
When you choose a Life Plan Community with LifeCare, you pay a one-time entrance fee and predictable monthly fee for lifetime access to care within the community. Although the entrance fee is a sizable investment, it provides an incredible value for an all-inclusive retirement lifestyle. Having a plan for the future allows you to live each day with confidence, knowing you and your family won’t be burdened by the rising costs of health care in the future.
What Are the Benefits of Independent Living Compared to Staying at Home?
Timber Ridge at Talus provides the framework for a future where you have the freedom to pursue your passions, spark new interest and expand your social circle, all while enjoying the financial security of LifeCare. Here are some key benefits of choosing an independent living community with LifeCare for your long-term needs instead of aging at home:
- Greater independence: Independent living empowers you to be as independent as possible as you enjoy an expansive lifestyle. It’s a safe space to continue living your best life in retirement, without the limitations of aging in place at home.
- A carefree lifestyle: Not having to worry about the cooking, cleaning, and other chores related to home upkeep takes a huge weight off your shoulders. Relax in the comfort of a thoughtfully designed apartment home with beautiful views from your balcony or patio, then enjoy exceptional dining venues with a variety of options for fine dining, casual fare and takeout.
- Life-enriching amenities. Having access to an indoor pool, fitness center, and putting green within walking distance of your current neighborhood sounds like a dream. But it’s a reality when you move to an independent living residence at a senior living community with access to resort-like amenities right outside the door. With a holistic wellness program, fitness classes for all levels, engaging lifelong learning classes, and spiritual opportunities, it’s a lifestyle that could ultimately help you enjoy a longer, healthier life.
- Social opportunities: Experience a vibrant lifestyle with opportunities for social interaction with a full calendar of activities and events on campus. At Timber Ridge, residents enjoy happy hours hosted in the cocktail lounge, movie and opera viewings in our state-of-the-art auditorium, and plenty of ways to meet new friends and explore area attractions.
- Future health care: If your health situation changes, you’re guaranteed a lifetime of long-term quality care with no surprise costs at Timber Ridge. You can seamlessly transition to higher levels of care, including assisted living, memory care, skilled nursing and rehabilitation.
- Peace of mind: Knowing that support is always available with multiple levels of care on one campus to meet your changing needs provides peace of mind that’s priceless for you and your loved ones.
All-Inclusive Retirement Living at Timber Ridge
Why wait to enjoy a retirement lifestyle rich in experiences and full of adventure? Moving into independent living while you’re still active and healthy is one of the smartest moves you can make. It allows you to take full advantage of the community’s services and amenities now, with guaranteed access to higher levels of care if your needs change in the future. Contact us to learn more about Timber Ridge, the premier resort-style retirement community in the Seattle area.