15 Years of Joy and Connection: Reflections from Our Senior Living Community
Timber Ridge at Talus first broke ground on our luxury senior living community in Issaquah, Washington, more than 15 years ago. Designed to be part of a 630-acre master-planned community featuring a collection of well-designed neighborhoods, our vision for an engaging, interconnected retirement community started even before those first ceremonial shovels of dirt were turned over on our plot of land on Cougar Mountain. Since our opening in February 2008 among the Pacific Northwest evergreens, our vision has been fulfilled beyond our wildest expectations.
Our First 15 Years
Of course, to ensure we were able to fulfill our mission and vision in the years to come, we didn’t stop growing and improving once we opened. While our changes through the years are too numerous to mention, here are some highlights:
- Adding residences and amenities that take advantage of our stunning mountainside views
- Completing 4 dining venues that offer a variety of high-end cuisine along with casual and grab-and-go options
- Adding a range of services and amenities like our beautiful heated indoor pool and state-of-the-art fitness center
- Creating an innovative, highly rated on-site health center
- Fostering clubs, committees, and classes that continue to change and improve to meet our residents’ interests and passions
We also continue to be an innovative, forward-thinking community and have recently added:
- On-site Amazon hub locker to make getting deliveries easier
- Serving robot to allow our staff to focus more on residents
- Smart thermostats for more environmentally conscious comfort
- Smart rainwater management to help protect and conserve one of our most precious resources
- We’re also LEED-certified and eco-friendly and were, in fact, the first Silver LEED-certified Life Plan Community in the country.
One Thing Hasn’t Changed
Mary Mallett — a team member who’s been here since we first opened our doors — recently reflected on what’s changed and what hasn’t during her 15-year tenure. Some of her observations sum up what so many of us feel coming to Timber Ridge every day:
- From day one, Timber Ridge evolved into a close-knit community of amazing people.
- I’ve seen what it means to age in a healthy way, including having strong emotional connections to help you through life’s challenges.
- I love coming to the community every day, hearing the sound of residents chatting and watching new friendships develop.
- Seeing people connect with one another in group activities.
- Hearing the life and career stories of our amazing residents.
- Taking a moment to enjoy the beautiful views from every window of Timber Ridge.
- One of the biggest rewards is meeting residents, and then eventually getting to know their extended family members, including kids, grandkids and even some great- grandkids.
- Working with our wonderful team and sharing in their devotion to serving our residents.
Be a Part of Our Next 15 Years and Beyond
If you’re weighing your senior living options, consider the welcoming and forward-thinking lifestyle you’ll find at Timber Ridge at Talus. We’re excited about the next 15 years and beyond and want you to be a part of it. To see our community for yourself, come for a personal tour by contacting us here.