Home is where your heart (and all your stuff) is.
Looking at senior living homes in the Seattle area doesn’t have to be a daunting task. Sure, there is a lot to consider and a lot to do when you decide to look into senior living. But if you break it down and go about your decision-making process in an organized way, you’ll soon find yourself living your best life in a community, where the number of friends and amenities far outweigh your cares and responsibilities.
Five Areas to Evaluate at Senior Living Communities in Seattle Wa.:
- Look at the Community Itself. Before you dive right into looking at a ton of senior living floor plans, take a step back and evaluate the community as a whole. For this exercise, what you want to look at is the setup of the community. Are the residences located in separate buildings from the common areas, dining venues, medical services, or other community program rooms? Or is everything set up in a centralized fashion? The more spread out things are, the quieter the residences will be, however that means walking longer distances to the amenities you enjoy most. It’s all about setting expectations and finding the space that works best for you.
- Choose the Right Personal Space. Speaking of space, when thinking about how to choose senior living accommodations, most people jump right to the floor plans. And that’s okay. We all need our personal space. The biggest question to ask yourself is if the floor plan reminds you of a true home. If this were a villa or apartment anywhere else, would you be excited to come home every day? To invite friends and family over? You’re definitely looking for a space you can relax in. At Timber Ridge at Talus, we offer 19 different senior living floor plans, because we know that your personal space is, well, personal.
- Make Sure You Have Enough Storage. The hardest part about moving to a senior living community is often figuring out what to do with all your stuff. If you’re like most people, your home is filled with the things you’ve collected throughout your life. They’re more than things, they’re memories that remind you of your history. So as you decide which items you will be bringing with you, make sure your new home has enough room. Look for things like multiple walk-in closets, high-end cabinetry and built-ins that allow you to display your treasures and store your important personal treasures.
- Find a Space that Fits Your Lifestyle. Are you a foodie and love to cook? Then you’ll want to find a floor plan that has a proper kitchen with room for all your spices, utensils and cookware. Not to mention an island or lots of counter space. Love to entertain? If you’re the type of person who enjoys having friends and family around, look for a floor pan with a larger living room. If you love to sew or have a hobby that takes considerable space, consider floor plans with an extra bedroom or additional space. Another huge consideration is how often you travel. Are you looking for a home base that you can just lock and leave whenever your wanderlust hits? A place that you know is always secured where all maintenance and lawn work will be taken care of while you’re away and your mail will be safely waiting for you when you return?
- Look for a Place That Includes Your Own Private Outdoor Space. Sure, all senior living communities have communal spaces, but sometimes you just want to retire to your own sanctuary and enjoy the majesty of the Pacific Northwest on your own. In our opinion, the best part about looking at senior living homes in Seattle is the natural beauty of the outdoor spaces. Timber Ridge is surrounded by scenic mountain hiking trails, all just a short walk from your front door. And then there are the views and easy access to Squak Mountain State Park, Tiger Mountain State Park and gorgeous Lake Sammamish. So when you’re studying floor plans, check to see if they include a private outdoor space that allows you to enjoy the natural beauty all around you. At Timber Ridge, every single residence includes your personal outside oasis — either a balcony or patio.
Come Home to Timber Ridge.
When you’re thinking of making a move, check out one of the best luxury senior living communities in Seattle, Wa.
Timber Ridge at Talus is just 30 minutes from Seattle and nestled at the base of Cougar Mountain, so you really can enjoy the best of both worlds. Hike the opulent trails around Issaquah in the morning and attend the Seattle opera in the evening.
Want more information? We offer plenty of resources to help you find your future home based on your unique needs. Check out our floor plans and use our money gauge calculator to find the best fit for you.